What are managed services
What you’re getting with Managed I.T. Support
Time and time again we get asked, “what are managed services?”. It seems like most clients are used to the traditional break/fix model where you pay by the hour to have someone troubleshoot something, only to have it break a week or two later(also known as job security). With managed services, you aren’t billed by the hour, but instead a fixed fee for the support, giving an incentive for it to be taken care of sooner, rather than later.
But we still haven’t exactly explained “what are managed services”
Managed Services: We cover repairs, maintenance, and support for a static monthly fee, but we also include a host of other services.
Here is the basics of what you have to look forward to with Managed I.T. Support
Monitoring & Alerting
- Deep network monitoring
- Immediate alerting
- Automated network scanning and asset discovery
- Asset inventory and warranty management
- Baseline security scanning to detect security holes
- Remote monitoring of Anti-Virus and backup verification
- Basic automated scripting to maintain asset health
- Comprehensive server health reports
- Comprehensive automated reporting (scheduled daily, weekly, monthly, or on-demand)
Hopefully this clears up some of the smog over the current IT computer support trends.